- Canada is a country in North America and it is the world’s second largest country after Russia
- Ottawa is the capital in Canada
- Canada borders to USA in the south and north
- Have coastlines to the Arctic Ocean, Pacific and Atlantic
- Population: 34 million
Quality of life
Canadians own more than Norwegian
But we have greater income
Better at taking care of the nature
Safety is better in Canada than Norway
- Canada has a total of 6 time zones
- Canada’s motto is ‘’from sea to sea’’
- Canada has the longest coastline in the world
- 34 million inhabitants
- Great Bear Lake
- Water falls
- About 400 species of birds breed in Canada.
- In the largest forests we find black bear, Canadian lynx, martens, moose and deer.
- In the mountain regions live puma and mountain goat.
- 540 000 Indians
- It is done much the last 25 years to improve living conditions in Indian communities
- Over the last two decades there has been a significant increase in indigenous land claims.
National food in Canada is peacock
Other Canadian cuisine:
- Smoked meat
Some know authors
- John Hemming
- Is a researcher and author, with Amazon as a specialty
- He was born in Vancouver 1935
The Conquest of the Incas (1970)
The Conquest of the Brazilian Indians (1987)
Die If You Must: The Brazilian Indians Today (2003)
Amazon Frontier: The Defeat of the Brazilian Indian (1987)
Typical about their English dialect
- Canada has two official languages, English and French.
- English is Canada’s mother tongue Language
- People from Canada speaks mix of British and American English